Know more about Kiwibank Credit Cards and why you should get one. Read up on the benefits of having one.
Kiwi bank focuses on two credit card categories
- Low-interest rate
Low interest rate credit card
Kiwibank has three low interest cards
- Low Rate Mastercard – Lowest Interest rate offered by the bank
- Mastercard Zero – Card with no account fee
- Mastercard Gold – Lower interest rate than rewards card but with the added benefit of higher credit limits and free travel insurance
These cards are designed for those who don’t pay off their card in full each month and want to pay less in interest charges.
Kiwibank offers three different Airpoints cards. An Airpoints card allows you to earn Air New Zealand Airpoints on your everyday spend. A Kiwibank card also allows you to:
- Get an even better earn rate on purchases made directly with Air New Zealand.
- Get access to an exclusive range of Air New Zealand benefits.
- Monthly draws for bonus Airpoints Dollars.
Of the cards that Kiwibank offers, the greater the annual card charge the better the ‘earn rate’ of points is, for example:
|Credit Name||Earn Rate|
|Air New Zealand Airpoints Platinum Mastercard||Earn one Airpoints Dollar for every $75 of eligible spend and one Status Point for every $200 of eligible spend|
|Air New Zealand Airpoints Standard Mastercard||Earn one Airpoints Dollar for every $120 of eligible spend|
|Air New Zealand Airpoints Low Fee Mastercard||Earn one Airpoints Dollar for every $160 of eligible spend|
The important thing to determine is if you will spend enough on your credit card to earn enough Air points to justify the annual charge.
The Air New Zealand Airpoints Platinum Mastercard annual charge is $150 per year meaning you would have to spend $11,250 a year to earn $150 worth of Air New Zealand Airpoints.